Gone are the days when neighbors knew each other well, had massive block parties, and were an inclusive community. Nowdays most people don't even know their neighbors names, let alone their kids or jobs. So in this modern age, allow me to suggest 15 things to help brighten your neighborhoods.
1. Take care of your yard. This includes random stuff in the lawn, keeping your garden in check, cleaning after your crab apple tree, and occasionally cutting the grass.
2. Keep your house painted and in good condition. Peeling and unkempt houses have a frustrating habit of lowering the value of your neighbors homes.
3. Avoid ridiculously tacky mail boxes. because, really, they may be cute but the miniature replica of your husband's childhood home kinda has no point.
4. Keep get-togethers relatively small, both for noise and parking sake.
5. Give holiday gifts to your neighbors- even if it's something silly like Rudolph glasses or a fruit cake.
6. I guess this isn't really 'a little thing' but organize an after school activity for the kids in the same age group. you can do something easy at your house -a coloring contest or a riveting game of Red Rover Red Rover.
7. Keep your children and dogs from terrorizing the area- clean up the poop, replant pulled flowers, respect the boundaries of other people's property.
8. Once or twice a winter, get the snow off the pavement for the older folks in your neighborhood
9. Have an Apple Picking Open House- or whatever terrorizing fruit tree you have. Everyone loves fresh fruit and produce!
10. Don't go totally overboard on your house decorating. When your house is singing and dancing and has projections and a moving train and all that, your neighbors probably hate you for both the increase in traffic and the decrease of quiet.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
It's Spring and a great time of year to sell your home! Here are five&
"We cannot thank Jim & Julie and the team at Ion Real Estate enough!!! We were very impressed with Jim's knowledge of the business and his drive to find us our perfect home; from the lender-side and how to get the best deal to the realtor-side and everything in between. As first time home buyers we really appreciated Jim's direction in gathering everything we would need. In addition to Jim's wonderful guidance, Julie was exceptional to work with too. She was always willing to listen to our concerns and was very encouraging on our journey hunting down our first home. She is so dedicated that she found us "our" home during the holidays and we were under contract by New Year's, which was a great way to start off the new year. She found us our dream home, in a great location and we couldn't be happier. I always recommend Jim, Julie and Ion whenever someone I know says they are looking to buy or sell their home. Go with Ion, they make dreams come true.
Ana & Marc G