Yes, I am a foodie. I love all kinds of different food, from all over the world. From unique cultural cuisine to molecular gastronomy, eating is just plain FUN! If you are like me then Colorado
15 Things To Do In Denver In October
1. Fright Fest at Elitch Gardens: This annual tradition at the giant amusement park downtown is a modge podge of haunted houses, cheesy decorations, and the normal amusement rides. Tickets are $50 for one day (so you know, go in at noon and stay till 10 to get your full money’s worth!)
2. Denver Zombie Crawl is on October 18th this year. Come join zombies on the 16th Street Mall! There is makeup tutorials and all sorts of fun. It is older kid friendly!
3. Historic Ghost Walk tours the Linwood Cemetery, one of the oldest cemeteries in Colorado. Bring a flashlight and dress appropriately for the weather: it’s a bit of hike!
4. The Unsinkable Molly Brown at the Denver Center is absolutely a must see. It’s open till October 26th, and follows the story of Denverite Molly Brown, her early life, and of course, the Titanic.
5. Botanic Gardens Pumpkin Patch is a 3-day event on October 10-12, pony rides, free pumpkins, photo ops, and more! This is at both the downtown and Chatfield locations.
6. Cherry Creek Fresh Market The award winning farmer’s market features a unique blend of Colorado grown crops, artistic vendors, and live music. The final day is October 25!
7. Free Composting Class that is typically on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Wednesdays from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. through October. Each compost class is a hands-on workshop in the basics of backyard composting. You do have to sign up though so go to the website!
8. Free Hamlet Tickets! At the Betsy Stage! The play runs Friday, October 3 through Saturday, November 8, with performances on Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. There are three additional performances – Monday, October 13 & 23 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, November 2 at 2 p.m. Admission is FREE, though donations will be accepted. Reservations are required. To get your seats, call 720-328-5294. 1133 S. Huron St., Denver.
9. Aspen Drive- IT’S FALL IN COLORADO! Go see probably the most beautiful leaf changing in the country (and I lived back east for a while, I still feel like ours is better.). The Mount Evans Byway is a great place to see them!
10. Colorado Avalanche game! The Avalanche plays from October-April!
11. Illuminar Arerial Presents A Nightmare in the Air based on the Tim Burton Film Nightmare Before Christmas, Nightmare in the Air uses acrobatics to tell the story! Only $12 a ticket!
12. Chihuly at the Botanic Gardens is probably the best art exhibit in Denver right now. Open daily until November 30th, with a special “Chihuly at Night” option that’s only $10 a ticket( normally $15).
13. Visit a Pumpkin patch! There’s more than a dozen in the Metro area, and they’re great fun for the whole family.
14. DMSC’s Halloween Party every year, Denver Metro Social Club throws some of the best parties in Denver for Halloween, Valentines Day, New Years, and more. This year is no different, with the Halloween Party being held at Society( 14th and Blake). There will be a costume party, dancing, mix and mingling, and lots of chances to meet new people. This is a 21+ event!
15. Boo at the Zoo is one of the best trick-or-treating activity in Denver. Over 25 stations with candy, entertainment, and activities for little ones. There’s also a Boo After Dark if you prefer to do
Latest Blog Posts
Everything You Know About Denver’s Real Estate Market Is Wrong Well, maybe not everything. But thanks to scant housing inventory, massive population growth, and still-low interest rates, buying