Ikea- the wonder-mart of innovation, design, functionality, and simplicity- is here in the metro area. It's a mecca of build-it-yourself desks, simple chairs, and wonderful Swedish meatballs.
Of course, the best part of ikea is the built-in functionality of the things they sell, but sometimes you can modify, or hack, these items to make them even better for your home. There's hundreds of ikea hacks you can pull, but here's the five best that we have found specifically for homeowners.
1. Industrial Shelving made with Ikea "Hyllis" galvanized steel shelving units ($15 each), spray painted with black matte and stained wood planks (antique oak and teak) (via http://www.skreytumhus.is/?p=26183)
2. Storage Bed Frame - Sektium cabinets laid on their side, screwed together with 2x4, and then added a box frame and headboard (Via: http://www.skreytumhus.is/?p=26183)
3. Pendant light - now i've built a fair amount of lights, twinkles, and lamps, (once a rocking horse into a light) in my day, but would you believe me if I told you this was made from a plate? (Via : http://www.smittenstudioonline.com/diy-a-modern-pendant-lamp/)
4. Door Frames - who needs traditional doors when you could have these beautiful beveled glass hanging doors? Get the DIY here: http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/10/turn-pax-rails-into-sliding-doors.html
5. Cat box hide-y hole for when those wonderful kitteh's need to go potty, and you don't really want to have a good place to put an open cat box, this hidey hole is the best option. Get the How-to here:http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/10/turn-pax-rails-into-sliding-doors.html
Author:Bonnie Cavoto Event Coordinator Phone: 720-277-6830 Dated: July 27th 2015 Views: 4,229 About Bonnie: Bonnie hails from Denver, Colorado. She went to school in Pittsburgh for 3 years, majoring in event ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
Real Estate Investors will Benefit from New Tax LawThe Tax Cuts and Jo
"We first met Marc Blitstein online when we were exploring the possibility of relocating from Central Florida to Denver, CO. From the moment we made contact we found him to be friendly, professional and knowledgeable about the Denver real estate market. He was able to tell us about various areas and he even visited property we were interested in on our behalf. Marc returned emails, phone calls, answered all of our questions, inquires and provided assistance with our questions about Denver’s legal requirements. After we had chosen a property, he was extremely thorough and careful to explain all of the ins and outs of our purchase offer, how the electronic documents and filings would be handled, the process of a home inspection, and other miscellaneous details that are involved in buying real estate long distance. He had several very helpful suggestions for us as we worked our way through the process. Marc went above and beyond our expectations. We whole heartedly recommend Marc as a real estate agent for any relocation to Denver or its metro area."