Ikea- the wonder-mart of innovation, design, functionality, and simplicity- is here in the metro area. It's a mecca of build-it-yourself desks, simple chairs, and wonderful Swedish meatballs.
Of course, the best part of ikea is the built-in functionality of the things they sell, but sometimes you can modify, or hack, these items to make them even better for your home. There's hundreds of ikea hacks you can pull, but here's the five best that we have found specifically for homeowners.
1. Industrial Shelving made with Ikea "Hyllis" galvanized steel shelving units ($15 each), spray painted with black matte and stained wood planks (antique oak and teak) (via http://www.skreytumhus.is/?p=26183)
2. Storage Bed Frame - Sektium cabinets laid on their side, screwed together with 2x4, and then added a box frame and headboard (Via: http://www.skreytumhus.is/?p=26183)
3. Pendant light - now i've built a fair amount of lights, twinkles, and lamps, (once a rocking horse into a light) in my day, but would you believe me if I told you this was made from a plate? (Via : http://www.smittenstudioonline.com/diy-a-modern-pendant-lamp/)
4. Door Frames - who needs traditional doors when you could have these beautiful beveled glass hanging doors? Get the DIY here: http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/10/turn-pax-rails-into-sliding-doors.html
5. Cat box hide-y hole for when those wonderful kitteh's need to go potty, and you don't really want to have a good place to put an open cat box, this hidey hole is the best option. Get the How-to here:http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/10/turn-pax-rails-into-sliding-doors.html
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
Finally! A developer is meeting with the town council in Castle Rock t
"Dave Hansen did a great job selling my house in Denver in a very difficult market. I had moved to Vancouver, WA, three years prior, so the whole transaction was handled over the phone and online. Overall, despite some bumps in the road, Dave got the job done - without having to resort to a short sale or foreclosure. Dave is a skilled negotiator, and he went above and beyond the call of what I would expect from a Realtor. If you area in the market to buy or sell a house in the Denver metro area, then I recommend that you hire Dave Hansen as your Realtor"