When you put your home up for sale, one of the best ways to determine the asking price is to look at comparable sales. There’s rarely a perfect apples-to-apples comparison, so a pricing decision often relies on comparisons to several recent sales in the area. Here are five criteria to look for in a sales comparison.
1. Location: Homes in the same neighborhood typically follow the same market trends. Comparing your home to another in the same neighborhood is a good start, but comparing it to homes on the same street or block is even better.
2. Date of sale: It varies by location, but housing markets can see a ton of fluctuation in a short time period. It‘s best to use the most recent sales data available.
3. Home build: Look for homes with similar architectural styles, numbers of bathrooms and bedrooms, square footage, and other basics.
4. Features and upgrades: Remodeled bathrooms and kitchens can raise a home’s price, and so can less flashy upgrades like a new roof or HVAC system. Be sure to look for similar bells and whistles.
5. Sale types: Homes that are sold as short sales or foreclosures are often in distress or sold at a lower price than they’d receive from a more typical sale. These homes are not as useful for comparisons.
As your REALTOR®, I will help you price your home appropriately and help you get your property ready to sell. Let me be your guide through the home selling, and buying process. Call me today at 720.675.7355 or email me at donnahansenion (@) gmail.com.
Author:Donna Hickey Hansen Phone: 303-949-3393 Dated: February 26th 2018 Views: 37 About Donna: As a Realtor and real estate investor, I love finding first time home buyers, move-up buyers and inv...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
Real Estate Investors will Benefit from New Tax LawThe Tax Cuts and Jo
"“Dave Hansen has helped my wife and me sell two properties and buy two properties since 2002. He's a fantastic real estate agent. In addition to being easy to work with, he knows a great deal about real estate transactions, neighborhoods, renovations, marketing, and negotiation.” "