There are few things in the world that annoy me more than walking into a home with all white carpets, white tile, white furniture, and white walls. It makes me feel like i'm walking into either (a) a psychiatric ward, or (b) a home that has never been actually lived in. Never fear though, there are simple ways to add a touch of color to your home to make it more inviting, warmer, and more comfortable without breaking the budget or ending up with a purple house.
1. A Backsplash- these nifty tile pieces go behind your sink in the kitchen and are a great way to add a little bit of color and sass to your kitchen.
2. Paint the walls- I know, it's daunting and there's a lot of choices- but there's a lot of people and equipment that can help! Choose a color that is still fairly neutral if you're new to the idea, or go bold with stripes or paint the top and bottom two different colors and add a chair railing! Painting gives you the most possibilities in terms of texture, color, and style. You can paint just one and have an accent or paint the whole room for an all around color.
3. Paint the furniture- particularly if your furniture is large and leans against the walls, this can help calm down a room from hot white if you're unwilling or unable to paint the walls( particularly good for apartment living or leasing). Here's a handy- dandy video to show you how to do it.
4. Add wall decals- these are particularly great for kids rooms or other areas that may change often, as these vinyl stick-on wall decals are easy and don't hurt the walls but do add a nice touch. you can have them be simple - like a row of flowers - or have them custom made and filled with your favorite quotes, family pictures, or anything your heart desires.
5. Paint the door - I love brightly painted front doors, but it didn't occur to me to paint inside doors until last spring when a friend of mine let her daughter paint her door bright pink! I thought it was absolutely fabulous and could work for kids rooms, closets, laundry rooms, or the inside side of the front door! If you're not really into the idea of your kids painting their doors crazy colors, consider painting just the edge of the door.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
I love love love coffee shops! Especially the hidden g
"When I decided to sell my home and look for a new place, my first call was to Jim and Ion Real Estate. He listed my condo and in two short weeks my place was under contract. Now, the real fun began, looking for a new place! The Ion Real Estate website was great. I loved the map function and the emails it sent with new listings that matched my previous searches. On Saturday, Jim and I headed out to look at several places I had picked to see. At the time I didn’t really notice how he listened carefully to everything I said about each place from the lighting to the layout. I was even a little sad that I didn’t find anything that day but Jim reassured me not to worry and a week later he had set up some more appointments. I still remember walking into my new place and just knowing. I had only taken two steps into it and I knew I wanted it.
Next came the easy part for me, but this is where having the right realtor and mortgage broker is essential. They make it seem easy! Jim guided me through all the aspects of my sale and purchase. I appreciated how simple each step seemed from making an offer to dealing with inspections. Even the loan seemed easy. I asked a ton of questions, I think it’s the teacher in me. I wanted to understand all the moving parts. Jim explained everything so clearly that I joked that he missed his calling and should have been a teacher, but he didn’t, I’m glad he is helping people find their homes!
Recently one of my close friends mentioned she wanted to stop renting and buy. I immediately referred her to Ion Real Estate. This time I was able to watch with an outsider perspective at the way Jim cued in on my friend’s preferences. Stephanie kept talking about the charm of old houses, a far cry from the sleek modern condo I chose. By the second house-hunting excursion, Jim knew just which home she would pick. As we walked up to the front porch, I saw Stephanie with the same excitement I had felt just a few months earlier. I watched her mentally move in her furniture and this time I saw the smile that crossed over Jim’s face when he knew Stephanie had found her home.
Throughout both experiences, it was clear Jim understands what people want in their homes and how to structure the entire buying experience to be a positive one. I have heard so many crazy stories from people that didn’t chose the right realtor or mortgage broker. They always start by saying, “I didn’t think a realtor made any difference.” It makes a difference! It made a difference for me and for Stephanie. Owning is better than renting; and, it is even better when Jim and Ion Real Estate are guiding you through the process!