There are few things in the world that annoy me more than walking into a home with all white carpets, white tile, white furniture, and white walls. It makes me feel like i'm walking into either (a) a psychiatric ward, or (b) a home that has never been actually lived in. Never fear though, there are simple ways to add a touch of color to your home to make it more inviting, warmer, and more comfortable without breaking the budget or ending up with a purple house.
1. A Backsplash- these nifty tile pieces go behind your sink in the kitchen and are a great way to add a little bit of color and sass to your kitchen.
2. Paint the walls- I know, it's daunting and there's a lot of choices- but there's a lot of people and equipment that can help! Choose a color that is still fairly neutral if you're new to the idea, or go bold with stripes or paint the top and bottom two different colors and add a chair railing! Painting gives you the most possibilities in terms of texture, color, and style. You can paint just one and have an accent or paint the whole room for an all around color.
3. Paint the furniture- particularly if your furniture is large and leans against the walls, this can help calm down a room from hot white if you're unwilling or unable to paint the walls( particularly good for apartment living or leasing). Here's a handy- dandy video to show you how to do it.
4. Add wall decals- these are particularly great for kids rooms or other areas that may change often, as these vinyl stick-on wall decals are easy and don't hurt the walls but do add a nice touch. you can have them be simple - like a row of flowers - or have them custom made and filled with your favorite quotes, family pictures, or anything your heart desires.
5. Paint the door - I love brightly painted front doors, but it didn't occur to me to paint inside doors until last spring when a friend of mine let her daughter paint her door bright pink! I thought it was absolutely fabulous and could work for kids rooms, closets, laundry rooms, or the inside side of the front door! If you're not really into the idea of your kids painting their doors crazy colors, consider painting just the edge of the door.
Author:Bonnie Cavoto Event Coordinator Phone: 720-277-6830 Dated: May 7th 2015 Views: 2,134 About Bonnie: Bonnie hails from Denver, Colorado. She went to school in Pittsburgh for 3 years, majoring in event ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
As adults we expect adults to act as adults and to be respectful of ot
"We first met Marc Blitstein online when we were exploring the possibility of relocating from Central Florida to Denver, CO. From the moment we made contact we found him to be friendly, professional and knowledgeable about the Denver real estate market. He was able to tell us about various areas and he even visited property we were interested in on our behalf. Marc returned emails, phone calls, answered all of our questions, inquires and provided assistance with our questions about Denver’s legal requirements. After we had chosen a property, he was extremely thorough and careful to explain all of the ins and outs of our purchase offer, how the electronic documents and filings would be handled, the process of a home inspection, and other miscellaneous details that are involved in buying real estate long distance. He had several very helpful suggestions for us as we worked our way through the process. Marc went above and beyond our expectations. We whole heartedly recommend Marc as a real estate agent for any relocation to Denver or its metro area."