1. Clean your former abode. Whether you're moving into your first home or a timely professional in the moving thing, clean your last home before you move into this one. It helps organize all your things for packing and leaves the house in the best shape for the buyers.
2. Donate all the things you're not taking with you. If you haven't worn it, purchased it, or used it in the last 2 years(unless it holds significant emotional value to you) : you won't need it and it's time to get rid of it. Seriously, you don't need the prom dress from 1999. You may want to hold onto the antique wedding china from your great grandmother. Donating the other things will help your (former) community and will keep usable things out of the landfills.
3. Pick a color scheme for the new place Massively important to your total mood of your home. Start with the main rooms and decide what you want for those rooms, then tone it down for each step of privacy( the office is a midlevel, bedrooms lowest level). So Start with Apple Greens, then move down into Yellow Greens, then move into Mint Green. Once you know what you're doing, start painting. It's way easier to paint a house when you're not trying to cover furniture and rearrange pictures and all that jazz.
4. Forward ALL THE THINGS!! No but seriously, make sure you've contacted the post office to forward mail to your new address and make sure you've contacted all the necessary parties about your address change: your credit card companies, your office, car/home/life/health insurances, your mother, etc. Seriously, if your mom doesn't have your home address how will you know that your second-cousin-twice-removed is getting married?
5. Rent a Quality Moving Company Seriously, it's not that expensive and it saves your friends and family the agony of packing and unpacking and then sipping beer on your still-covered-in sheets-and-dusty couch. Moving Companies are not that expensive and seriously save everyone so much angst and wasted Saturdays. If you're moving to Denver( YAY! ) than you should check out http://www.thumbtack.com/co/denver/movers/ it lists the top 35 movers based on popularity, breakage rate, etc.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
I love love love coffee shops! Especially the hidden g
"After deciding to move to Denver from NYC, my father and I decided to spend our vacation in Denver back in August, for the purpose of beginning the search for a new home. My father and I contacted Marc, and he made what we thought would be a long, drawn out process seem relatively easy. Before we knew it, my father and I owned a home by the time we finished our vacation in nine days.
Marc was very professional, knowledgeable, courteous, patient and an all-around great person. He took the time to educate us, as we were first time home owners, and show us all around the Denver metro area. He also continues to follow up with us after the sale, which we really appreciate. I highly recommend Marc for your relocation needs.