There are a lot of factors that will determine how quickly your house is sold, and it’s important to tackle the factors you can control. If you’re still living in your home while trying to sell it, these are a few simple ideas that can help speed up the home sale process.
1. De-clutter:Buyers want to step into a prospective home and imagine the possibilities - not check out your wedding photos or ski trip pictures. That’s a lot easier to do when a space is airy and clutter-free. Get rid of the clutter that’s just taking up space in your home, and it can totally transform how a buyer sees the property.
2. Offer an incentive:Don’t break the bank for add-ons that don’t make financial sense in the long run, but there are some reasonable expenses you can use to entice buyers, such as offering a home warranty or a carpet credit.
3. Focus on flow:Now that you’re working toward a new home, it’s important to position your furniture for easy movement through the space, rather than how you personally like it arranged. Position your furniture so that it’s natural to flow from one room to the next and remove any bulky pieces.
4. Take care of your to-do list:There’s probably a list of small repairs that you’ve been putting off for a while, like fixing a dripping faucet or touching up paint on some walls. Tackle those repairs so that the home is more move-in ready for buyers, shows well and looks excellent in photos.
5. Commit to cleanliness:Just like removing clutter, keeping your place clean can go a long way toward appealing to buyers. It’s especially true in the kitchen—no dishes in the sink or coffee rings on the countertops!
As your REALTOR®, I will guide you through the home selling and buying process. Let me help you sell your current home and find your new Denver home. Call me today at 720.675.7355 or email me at donnahansenion (@) gmail.com.
Author:Donna Hickey Hansen Phone: 303-949-3393 Dated: January 7th 2016 Views: 1,670 About Donna: As a Realtor and real estate investor, I love finding first time home buyers, move-up buyers and inv...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
What’s your house style?Looking for a new home is one of the most ex
"When I decided to sell my home and look for a new place, my first call was to Jim and Ion Real Estate. He listed my condo and in two short weeks my place was under contract. Now, the real fun began, looking for a new place! The Ion Real Estate website was great. I loved the map function and the emails it sent with new listings that matched my previous searches. On Saturday, Jim and I headed out to look at several places I had picked to see. At the time I didn’t really notice how he listened carefully to everything I said about each place from the lighting to the layout. I was even a little sad that I didn’t find anything that day but Jim reassured me not to worry and a week later he had set up some more appointments. I still remember walking into my new place and just knowing. I had only taken two steps into it and I knew I wanted it.
Next came the easy part for me, but this is where having the right realtor and mortgage broker is essential. They make it seem easy! Jim guided me through all the aspects of my sale and purchase. I appreciated how simple each step seemed from making an offer to dealing with inspections. Even the loan seemed easy. I asked a ton of questions, I think it’s the teacher in me. I wanted to understand all the moving parts. Jim explained everything so clearly that I joked that he missed his calling and should have been a teacher, but he didn’t, I’m glad he is helping people find their homes!
Recently one of my close friends mentioned she wanted to stop renting and buy. I immediately referred her to Ion Real Estate. This time I was able to watch with an outsider perspective at the way Jim cued in on my friend’s preferences. Stephanie kept talking about the charm of old houses, a far cry from the sleek modern condo I chose. By the second house-hunting excursion, Jim knew just which home she would pick. As we walked up to the front porch, I saw Stephanie with the same excitement I had felt just a few months earlier. I watched her mentally move in her furniture and this time I saw the smile that crossed over Jim’s face when he knew Stephanie had found her home.
Throughout both experiences, it was clear Jim understands what people want in their homes and how to structure the entire buying experience to be a positive one. I have heard so many crazy stories from people that didn’t chose the right realtor or mortgage broker. They always start by saying, “I didn’t think a realtor made any difference.” It makes a difference! It made a difference for me and for Stephanie. Owning is better than renting; and, it is even better when Jim and Ion Real Estate are guiding you through the process!