There are a lot of factors that will determine how quickly your house is sold, and it’s important to tackle the factors you can control. If you’re still living in your home while trying to sell it, these are a few simple ideas that can help speed up the home sale process.
1. De-clutter:Buyers want to step into a prospective home and imagine the possibilities - not check out your wedding photos or ski trip pictures. That’s a lot easier to do when a space is airy and clutter-free. Get rid of the clutter that’s just taking up space in your home, and it can totally transform how a buyer sees the property.
2. Offer an incentive:Don’t break the bank for add-ons that don’t make financial sense in the long run, but there are some reasonable expenses you can use to entice buyers, such as offering a home warranty or a carpet credit.
3. Focus on flow:Now that you’re working toward a new home, it’s important to position your furniture for easy movement through the space, rather than how you personally like it arranged. Position your furniture so that it’s natural to flow from one room to the next and remove any bulky pieces.
4. Take care of your to-do list:There’s probably a list of small repairs that you’ve been putting off for a while, like fixing a dripping faucet or touching up paint on some walls. Tackle those repairs so that the home is more move-in ready for buyers, shows well and looks excellent in photos.
5. Commit to cleanliness:Just like removing clutter, keeping your place clean can go a long way toward appealing to buyers. It’s especially true in the kitchen—no dishes in the sink or coffee rings on the countertops!
As your REALTOR®, I will guide you through the home selling and buying process. Let me help you sell your current home and find your new Denver home. Call me today at 720.675.7355 or email me at donnahansenion (@) gmail.com.
Author:Donna Hickey Hansen Phone: 303-949-3393 Dated: January 7th 2016 Views: 1,580 About Donna: As a Realtor and real estate investor, I love finding first time home buyers, move-up buyers and inv...
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
It's Spring and a great time of year to sell your home! Here are five&
"Dave Hansen did a great job selling my house in Denver in a very difficult market. I had moved to Vancouver, WA, three years prior, so the whole transaction was handled over the phone and online. Overall, despite some bumps in the road, Dave got the job done - without having to resort to a short sale or foreclosure. Dave is a skilled negotiator, and he went above and beyond the call of what I would expect from a Realtor. If you area in the market to buy or sell a house in the Denver metro area, then I recommend that you hire Dave Hansen as your Realtor"