I grew up in a charming handcrafted home on 35th in the West Highlands. Built in 1922 by the owner of a local lumber yard. It seemed like every house in the neighborhood was
5 Ways To Deal With The Cold
1. Bake stuff: it keeps you on your feet and near the super warm oven. It also means there's warm food to eat, and that's just warmth and happiness.
2. Invest in an electric tea kettle: it seriously makes your life so much better to just push a button and have hot water ready in just a few minutes to make tea, hot cocoa, or coffee( French Press coffee in particular need that hot water first)
3. Eat warmly spiced foods ( like, food with cinnamon or nutmeg or ginger). It really does help you stay warmer. Here's a list of other foods to eat too.
4. layer up! leggings under pants, sweaters, jackets, sweatshirts( i personally love a good hockey jersey over my thermal)
5. buy battery operated gloves - let's talk about a great Christmas present for your friends who work outside!