Cutthroat Troutthe greenback subspecies named official state fish of Colorado in 1994The Cutthroat (Oncorhynchus clarki) deserves to be state fish, as it is the only trout that is native
Everyday A New Adventure 30 June Outings
- June 1st- Denver Chalk Art Festival is an annual tradition at Larimer Square. Come Check out the magnificent artwork done by these artists using just chalk!
- June 2nd- Free Day the Museum of Nature and Science. Go see the dinosaurs, check out the Egyptian Room, and of course admire those beautiful dioramas.
- June 3rd- Free Day at the Denver Botanical Garden at Chatfield for Colorado Residents. The Chatfield Garden is a working farm in Southern Jefferson County
- June 4th Scrounge at the Plaza- featuring artists who love to 'upcycle' this 2 month exhibit is centered around Earth Day.
- June 5th Curtis Street Public Art Walk will walk through downtown Denver and talk about, duh, public art!
- June 6th The Pikes Peak Gem and Mineral Show, though a bit of drive( Colorado Springs) will feature antique mining equipment and a working stamp mill process real gold ore! Go gold panning, learn rock identification, play in the special kids’ area, participate in the silent auction, visit food vendors and club exhibits!
- June 7th The Summer Art Market, featuring 170 booths and 270 artists in the historic Santa Fe Art District of Denver.
- June 8th Capital Hill United Neighborhood People's Fair: features handmade arts & crafts, food from local restaurants, a wine pavilion, live local entertainment, non-profit exhibitors, and a family area with carnival rides and kids crafts.
- June 9th FREE FROZEN IN THE PARK! A movie under the stars! To open the 2014 Monday Movie Madness series, the recent big-screen favorite from Disney, Frozen, will air on the jumbo screen in the Infinity Park Stadium
- June 10th Night with a Futurist- Aviations Next Quantum Leap. The Davinci Institute presents Bye Aerospace, a Colorado company involved in the design of a unique solar-electric powered aircraft that use solar electric energy. Join us as Bye Aerospace founder, George Bye steps us through how these developments will revolutionize the solar drone market, with the potential of connecting 7 billion people on earth to the Internet by as early as 2020.
- June 11th Museum of Contemporary Art Presents A Food and Drink Trunk Show! Meet the makers and enjoy lots of samples!
- June 12th The Snow Queen at the Aurora Fox Arts Complex. The Snow Queen places a curse that makes people only see the bad around them. When her cousin falls under the spell, Gerda goes on an adventure to save him.
- June 13th Louisville Downtown Street Faire Opening Day- My personal favorite fair, LDSF offers some pretty great live music, great shops and tents, and a fantastic kiddo area.
- June 14th Urban Home Show- a great place for new and hold homeowners alike! Homeowners will be inspired with countless ideas on enhancing their home’s comfort and functionality, as well as its aesthetic appeal and overall value.
- June 15th City Park Jazz : Ritmo Jazz Latino
- June 16th Aurora Havana Exchange Farmer's Market provides a unique opportunity for neighborhood residents to buy just-picked produce straight from the local farmers just as if it were from your own backyard.
- June 17th Civic Center Eats- FOOD TRUCK LOVERS DREAM! An incredible venue in which to experience Denver's robust gourmet food truck scene, a portion of the proceeds benefit the Civic Center Conservancy, the nonprofit dedicated to restoring, enhancing and activating downtown Denver's historic Civic Center Park.
- June 18th LoDo Bites- a tour of the eateries in lower downtown.
- June 19th A Modern Aesthetic Uses acrylic and light to explore the ancient patterns of Greek geometry and the modern concepts of interstellar elements, Linda Graham has filled the Ice Cube Gallery with a fascinating array of installations and individual pieces.
- June 20th Memories is an exhilarating dance choreographed by Artistic Director Garrett Ammon and featuring all live music. A Denver premiere, Odessa is set to an original score by renowned Israeli-American composer Ofer Ben-Amots accompanied by acclaimed Colorado College musicians Jerilyn Jorgensen, Jeffrey Watson and Susan Grace
- June 21st Alice in Wonderland Theater Hike literally jumps off the pages and onto the trails. It’s a fairy-tale come to life! Randy Wyatt's madcap adaptation of the Lewis Carroll classic will have your whole family learning, laughing and enjoying this eco-friendly theater that promotes healthy family activity, Colorado preservation, and a whole lot of fun!
- June 22nd Denver Pride Fest Family Day and Parade. Listed as one of the top 5 Pride Fests in the nation, this year will be hopping. Pride Parade starts at 9:30 AM
- June 23rd Here Comes the Bass! A weekly bass music night. It brings the best in Drum and Bass to Denver,CO, and consists of long time promotors of the DNB scene.
- June 24th Film on the Rocks: This is Spinal Tap Rob Reiner's directorial debut is the story of Spinal Tap, an aging group of rockers with one last shot at fame and glory.
- June 25th The Gondoliers Empire Lyric Players presents this comic operetta. You are invited to attend a wedding – or is it a coronation? A pair of handsome Venetian gondoliers, on the day of their weddings, discover that one or the other of them is the heir to the throne of Barataria
- June 26th The Value of Age: A Conservator's dilemma. James Squires will recount the history of artistic controversies, present how conservators today make treatment decisions, and discuss how he addresses these issues with Clyfford Still's paintings.
- June 27th 16th Street Fair The 16th Street Fair is a celebration of fine art, handcrafted goods, and the 16th Street Mall in Downtown Denver. Take a stroll along the 16th Street Mall to enjoy a showcase of emerging artists and designers, producing original and unique handmade goods, in a wide array of media. This is Downtown Denver's premier art and craft festival
- June 28th Denver Taco Festival takes place downtown and features some of the best local artists in Denver.
- June 29th Scandinavian Midsummer Festival is the Largest Scandinavian festival in the Rocky Mountains. Sights includes Scandinavian crafts, vendors, food, music and dancing, craft & lefse demonstrations, wreath making, Viking encampment/combat, Scandinavian auto show, and raffle air fare for two on Icelandair.
- June 30th