Thanks to websites like Houzz and Pinterest and TV networks like HGTV and DIY, it’s easier than ever to keep up with home decorating trends and find inspiration for improving your own home.
Here are five of the top current interior design trends.
1. Screen-free rooms: After a long day of using your smartphone and computer, it can feel amazing to come home and take a technology break. More and more, homeowners are creating specific screen-free rooms—perhaps a library, craft room, or record listening room—where you can escape from technology for a while.
2. Upholstered headboards: What if you could feel like you were sleeping in a luxury hotel bed every night? The bedding and mattress are an important part of that experience, but so is the aesthetic and comfort of an upholstered headboard.
3. Earth tones: Natural colors have become increasingly popular, especially deep greens. It’s a great way to bring some of nature’s colors indoors, whether as an accent wall, in blankets and pillows, or for furniture.
4. Black stainless steel: If you want a sleek, contemporary kitchen, black stainless steel is even more of a statement than traditional stainless steel.
5. Patterned fabrics: While solid upholstery will never go out of style, patterns have become trendy of late. It’s an easy way to make a bold, eye-catching statement in your living space.
As your REALTOR®, I will guide you through the home selling and buying process. Let me help you sell or find your new Denver home. Call me today at 720.675.7355 or email me at donnahansenion (@) gmail.com.
Author:Donna Hickey Hansen Phone: 303-949-3393 Dated: October 3rd 2016 Views: 777 About Donna: As a Realtor and real estate investor, I love finding first time home buyers, move-up buyers and inv...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
Real Estate Investors will Benefit from New Tax LawThe Tax Cuts and Jo
"When I decided to sell my home and look for a new place, my first call was to Jim and Ion Real Estate. He listed my condo and in two short weeks my place was under contract. Now, the real fun began, looking for a new place! The Ion Real Estate website was great. I loved the map function and the emails it sent with new listings that matched my previous searches. On Saturday, Jim and I headed out to look at several places I had picked to see. At the time I didn’t really notice how he listened carefully to everything I said about each place from the lighting to the layout. I was even a little sad that I didn’t find anything that day but Jim reassured me not to worry and a week later he had set up some more appointments. I still remember walking into my new place and just knowing. I had only taken two steps into it and I knew I wanted it.
Next came the easy part for me, but this is where having the right realtor and mortgage broker is essential. They make it seem easy! Jim guided me through all the aspects of my sale and purchase. I appreciated how simple each step seemed from making an offer to dealing with inspections. Even the loan seemed easy. I asked a ton of questions, I think it’s the teacher in me. I wanted to understand all the moving parts. Jim explained everything so clearly that I joked that he missed his calling and should have been a teacher, but he didn’t, I’m glad he is helping people find their homes!
Recently one of my close friends mentioned she wanted to stop renting and buy. I immediately referred her to Ion Real Estate. This time I was able to watch with an outsider perspective at the way Jim cued in on my friend’s preferences. Stephanie kept talking about the charm of old houses, a far cry from the sleek modern condo I chose. By the second house-hunting excursion, Jim knew just which home she would pick. As we walked up to the front porch, I saw Stephanie with the same excitement I had felt just a few months earlier. I watched her mentally move in her furniture and this time I saw the smile that crossed over Jim’s face when he knew Stephanie had found her home.
Throughout both experiences, it was clear Jim understands what people want in their homes and how to structure the entire buying experience to be a positive one. I have heard so many crazy stories from people that didn’t chose the right realtor or mortgage broker. They always start by saying, “I didn’t think a realtor made any difference.” It makes a difference! It made a difference for me and for Stephanie. Owning is better than renting; and, it is even better when Jim and Ion Real Estate are guiding you through the process!