For many people the garage is the place to mindlessly store stuff just to get it out of the way, and before you know it, you’ve got a cluttered mess on your hands.
Can you even park your car in your garage?
Here are five steps toward organizing your garage for good.
1. Make a plan: What do you want you garage to be? Is it a workshop, a storage space, or a place to park your car? Before you roll up your sleeves and get to work, decide on a plan for your garage’s primary use, and prioritize around that goal.
2. Be vigilant with clutter: There might be items in your garage that you haven’t touched in years—you’ve probably even forgotten they’re in there. It’s easy to justify keeping items when you’re in the moment, but look a the big picture. If you can’t remember the last time you used an item, it’s probably ready to be thrown out, recycled, donated, or sold.
3. Make use of vertical space: Garages often have space in the ceiling where you can hang your gear or even store some boxes. Store the rarely used items—like holiday decorations—higher up and out of the way.
4. Keep common items accessible: On the other hand, you don’t want it to be a hassle to get to the things you use often. Create a specific place for each item that is easy to reach.
5. Stay vigilant: Now that you garage is properly organized, be more mindful of what you’re adding to it. If there’s something new that’s important, choose a specific place for it. If it’s just junk, go through the extra effort to just get rid of it!
Interested in buying a home with a garage? As your REALTOR®, I will guide you through the home selling and buying process. Let me help you sell or find your new Denver home. Call me today at 720.675.7355 or email me at donnahansenion (@) gmail.com.
Author:Donna Hickey Hansen Phone: 303-949-3393 Dated: December 1st 2016 Views: 928 About Donna: As a Realtor and real estate investor, I love finding first time home buyers, move-up buyers and inv...
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
I love love love coffee shops! Especially the hidden g
"The best part about working with Jim is his knowledge of the industry and specifically his understanding of the greater Denver area. He encouraged us to look in areas we wouldn't have considered and we found the perfect house in the perfect neighborhood. He also gave us great advice in dealing with a difficult buyer and made a stressful process go much more smoothly than I expected. I would recommend Jim to any and all of my friends and family."