Cutthroat Troutthe greenback subspecies named official state fish of Colorado in 1994The Cutthroat (Oncorhynchus clarki) deserves to be state fish, as it is the only trout that is native
Five Steps For Better Garage Organization
For many people the garage is the place to mindlessly store stuff just to get it out of the way, and before you know it, you’ve got a cluttered mess on your hands.
Can you even park your car in your garage?
Here are five steps toward organizing your garage for good.
1. Make a plan: What do you want you garage to be? Is it a workshop, a storage space, or a place to park your car? Before you roll up your sleeves and get to work, decide on a plan for your garage’s primary use, and prioritize around that goal.
2. Be vigilant with clutter: There might be items in your garage that you haven’t touched in years—you’ve probably even forgotten they’re in there. It’s easy to justify keeping items when you’re in the moment, but look a the big picture. If you can’t remember the last time you used an item, it’s probably ready to be thrown out, recycled, donated, or sold.
3. Make use of vertical space: Garages often have space in the ceiling where you can hang your gear or even store some boxes. Store the rarely used items—like holiday decorations—higher up and out of the way.
4. Keep common items accessible: On the other hand, you don’t want it to be a hassle to get to the things you use often. Create a specific place for each item that is easy to reach.
5. Stay vigilant: Now that you garage is properly organized, be more mindful of what you’re adding to it. If there’s something new that’s important, choose a specific place for it. If it’s just junk, go through the extra effort to just get rid of it!
Interested in buying a home with a garage? As your REALTOR®, I will guide you through the home selling and buying process. Let me help you sell or find your new Denver home. Call me today at 720.675.7355 or email me at donnahansenion (@) gmail.com.
As a Realtor and real estate investor, I love finding first time home buyers, move-up buyers and investors great deals! My background in the wholesale mortgage industry allows me to demystify the mort....