1. Notification of intent to foreclose. Many states require that a lender notify the borrower in advance (30 days, for example) before obtaining a court judgment to foreclose.
2. Nonjudicial foreclosure. Many states permit lenders to add a clause to a mortgage document that permits the lender to foreclose and sell the property without obtaining court approval.
3. Deficiency judgment. Some states permit a lender that forecloses on a mortgage to file a judgment against the borrower entitling the lender to collect from the defaulted borrower any amount of the outstanding mortgage not covered by the sale price.
4. Right of redemption. Some states (New Jersey, for example) permit a defaulting borrower to satisfy the loan default and recover the property if done within a specified amount of time after the property is sold.
5. Military service. If the borrower or the borrower’s spouse is on active military duty, the Civil Relief Act of 2003 prohibits a lender from foreclosing on the mortgage. In addition, the borrower may qualify for an interest rate reduction or even a temporary suspension of mortgage payments.
Don’t forget the HOPE Now Alliance. This new private-sector program negotiated by the federal government should help borrowers with subprime adjustable rate loans that will reset in 2008 or 2009 avoid foreclosure.
The voluntary plan encourages lenders to help qualified subprime borrowers refinance their loans into an FHA-insured or other more affordable mortgage without prepayment penalties. Lenders may also freeze the interest on ARM products at the introductory rate for five years to assist borrowers who are unable to qualify for refinancing. For more information, go towww.hopenow.com.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
(Guest blogger, my wife – May 31, 2018, 6:47 p.m.)To say that the pr
How do I begin to thank you for the amazing experience you afforded me selling my condo? I have bought and sold a handful of homes and I've never had anybody work as hard or be so helpful. Your attention to detail, informative approach and willingness to assist in every way was such a pleasant surprise. Your knowledge of the market and negotiation skills are impeccable. Thank you so much for your kind, reasonable guidance. I am so pleased. I will tell anybody that will listen to me - "Call my real estate guy!"
You are simply the best.