If you own a home, there was certainly a lot that went into your decision to buy rather than continue to rent.
Now youâre enjoying all the advantages of homeownershipâhere are the top five.
1. Building wealth:When you own a home, you have an asset that will likely increase in value over time. It provides great security, and the opportunity to essentially live ârent-freeâ in your retirement years when the home is paid off.
2. Freedom to make it your own:Landlords can be strict about customizing rental properties. Most donât even allow their tenants to paint. But when you own a home, the possibilities are endless. Get rid of a wall, or paint it any color you like. Itâs your property.
3. Building equity:Every mortgage payment your make, and every improvement you make on the home, is putting money back into your pocket. Unlike with renting, owning a home gives you more than just a place to live. You can use your home equity to get loans and even cash for emergencies.
4. More freedom and stability:Studies show that homeowners have a better sense of pride and security than renters. When you relax in your own home, you know itâs the result of hard work and planning, and that you have the freedom to change it as you wish.
5. Tax advantages:Homeowners can deduct the interest paid on home loans and property taxesâthatâs a big break that comes up every April 15.
As your REALTORÂź, I will guide you through the home selling or buying process. Let me help you sell or find your new Denver home. Call me today at 720.675.7355 or email me at donnahansenion (@) gmail.com.
Author:Donna Hickey Hansen Phone: 303-949-3393 Dated: May 2nd 2016 Views: 632 About Donna: As a Realtor and real estate investor, I love finding first time home buyers, move-up buyers and inv...
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
COMING SOONTHE WESTERN: AN EPIC IN ART AND FILMMay 27 â Sept. 10, 20
"My experience with Jim and Ion real estate has amazing. Jim is wonderful to work with. He listened to my challenges and offered suggestion on how to bring my score up to the 640 I would need for a loan to do repairs on the house I am interested in purchasing.
I have been working very hard on making a change in my finances so I can purchase a home in Bailey and it is a pleasure to feel hopeful that this will happen.
I am so grateful to Jim for listening and helping me understand the process.