Gone are the days when neighbors knew each other well, had massive block parties, and were an inclusive community. Nowdays most people don't even know their neighbors names, let alone their kids or jobs. So in this modern age, allow me to suggest 15 things to help brighten your neighborhoods.
1. Take care of your yard. This includes random stuff in the lawn, keeping your garden in check, cleaning after your crab apple tree, and occasionally cutting the grass.
2. Keep your house painted and in good condition. Peeling and unkempt houses have a frustrating habit of lowering the value of your neighbors homes.
3. Avoid ridiculously tacky mail boxes. because, really, they may be cute but the miniature replica of your husband's childhood home kinda has no point.
4. Keep get-togethers relatively small, both for noise and parking sake.
5. Give holiday gifts to your neighbors- even if it's something silly like Rudolph glasses or a fruit cake.
6. I guess this isn't really 'a little thing' but organize an after school activity for the kids in the same age group. you can do something easy at your house -a coloring contest or a riveting game of Red Rover Red Rover.
7. Keep your children and dogs from terrorizing the area- clean up the poop, replant pulled flowers, respect the boundaries of other people's property.
8. Once or twice a winter, get the snow off the pavement for the older folks in your neighborhood
9. Have an Apple Picking Open House- or whatever terrorizing fruit tree you have. Everyone loves fresh fruit and produce!
10. Don't go totally overboard on your house decorating. When your house is singing and dancing and has projections and a moving train and all that, your neighbors probably hate you for both the increase in traffic and the decrease of quiet.
Author:Bonnie Cavoto Event Coordinator Phone: 720-277-6830 Dated: August 26th 2014 Views: 1,085 About Bonnie: Bonnie hails from Denver, Colorado. She went to school in Pittsburgh for 3 years, majoring in event ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
August 1? Where has the year gone! But it's not to late to
"We first met Marc Blitstein online when we were exploring the possibility of relocating from Central Florida to Denver, CO. From the moment we made contact we found him to be friendly, professional and knowledgeable about the Denver real estate market. He was able to tell us about various areas and he even visited property we were interested in on our behalf. Marc returned emails, phone calls, answered all of our questions, inquires and provided assistance with our questions about Denver’s legal requirements. After we had chosen a property, he was extremely thorough and careful to explain all of the ins and outs of our purchase offer, how the electronic documents and filings would be handled, the process of a home inspection, and other miscellaneous details that are involved in buying real estate long distance. He had several very helpful suggestions for us as we worked our way through the process. Marc went above and beyond our expectations. We whole heartedly recommend Marc as a real estate agent for any relocation to Denver or its metro area."