There are few things in the world that annoy me more than walking into a home with all white carpets, white tile, white furniture, and white walls. It makes me feel like i'm walking into either (a) a psychiatric ward, or (b) a home that has never been actually lived in. Never fear though, there are simple ways to add a touch of color to your home to make it more inviting, warmer, and more comfortable without breaking the budget or ending up with a purple house.
1. A Backsplash- these nifty tile pieces go behind your sink in the kitchen and are a great way to add a little bit of color and sass to your kitchen.
2. Paint the walls- I know, it's daunting and there's a lot of choices- but there's a lot of people and equipment that can help! Choose a color that is still fairly neutral if you're new to the idea, or go bold with stripes or paint the top and bottom two different colors and add a chair railing! Painting gives you the most possibilities in terms of texture, color, and style. You can paint just one and have an accent or paint the whole room for an all around color.
3. Paint the furniture- particularly if your furniture is large and leans against the walls, this can help calm down a room from hot white if you're unwilling or unable to paint the walls( particularly good for apartment living or leasing). Here's a handy- dandy video to show you how to do it.
4. Add wall decals- these are particularly great for kids rooms or other areas that may change often, as these vinyl stick-on wall decals are easy and don't hurt the walls but do add a nice touch. you can have them be simple - like a row of flowers - or have them custom made and filled with your favorite quotes, family pictures, or anything your heart desires.
5. Paint the door - I love brightly painted front doors, but it didn't occur to me to paint inside doors until last spring when a friend of mine let her daughter paint her door bright pink! I thought it was absolutely fabulous and could work for kids rooms, closets, laundry rooms, or the inside side of the front door! If you're not really into the idea of your kids painting their doors crazy colors, consider painting just the edge of the door.
Author:Bonnie Cavoto Event Coordinator Phone: 720-277-6830 Dated: May 7th 2015 Views: 2,221 About Bonnie: Bonnie hails from Denver, Colorado. She went to school in Pittsburgh for 3 years, majoring in event ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
Check this outhttps://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2018/09/04/indus
"We cannot thank Jim & Julie and the team at Ion Real Estate enough!!! We were very impressed with Jim's knowledge of the business and his drive to find us our perfect home; from the lender-side and how to get the best deal to the realtor-side and everything in between. As first time home buyers we really appreciated Jim's direction in gathering everything we would need. In addition to Jim's wonderful guidance, Julie was exceptional to work with too. She was always willing to listen to our concerns and was very encouraging on our journey hunting down our first home. She is so dedicated that she found us "our" home during the holidays and we were under contract by New Year's, which was a great way to start off the new year. She found us our dream home, in a great location and we couldn't be happier. I always recommend Jim, Julie and Ion whenever someone I know says they are looking to buy or sell their home. Go with Ion, they make dreams come true.
Ana & Marc G