There are a lot of factors that will determine how quickly your house is sold, and it’s important to tackle the factors you can control. If you’re still living in your home while trying to sell it, these are a few simple ideas that can help speed up the home sale process.
1. De-clutter:Buyers want to step into a prospective home and imagine the possibilities - not check out your wedding photos or ski trip pictures. That’s a lot easier to do when a space is airy and clutter-free. Get rid of the clutter that’s just taking up space in your home, and it can totally transform how a buyer sees the property.
2. Offer an incentive:Don’t break the bank for add-ons that don’t make financial sense in the long run, but there are some reasonable expenses you can use to entice buyers, such as offering a home warranty or a carpet credit.
3. Focus on flow:Now that you’re working toward a new home, it’s important to position your furniture for easy movement through the space, rather than how you personally like it arranged. Position your furniture so that it’s natural to flow from one room to the next and remove any bulky pieces.
4. Take care of your to-do list:There’s probably a list of small repairs that you’ve been putting off for a while, like fixing a dripping faucet or touching up paint on some walls. Tackle those repairs so that the home is more move-in ready for buyers, shows well and looks excellent in photos.
5. Commit to cleanliness:Just like removing clutter, keeping your place clean can go a long way toward appealing to buyers. It’s especially true in the kitchen—no dishes in the sink or coffee rings on the countertops!
As your REALTOR®, I will guide you through the home selling and buying process. Let me help you sell your current home and find your new Denver home. Call me today at 720.675.7355 or email me at donnahansenion (@) gmail.com.
Author:Donna Hickey Hansen Phone: 303-949-3393 Dated: January 7th 2016 Views: 1,706 About Donna: As a Realtor and real estate investor, I love finding first time home buyers, move-up buyers and inv...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
You may remember the 1995 movie Things to do in Denver When You’re
"We cannot thank Jim & Julie and the team at Ion Real Estate enough!!! We were very impressed with Jim's knowledge of the business and his drive to find us our perfect home; from the lender-side and how to get the best deal to the realtor-side and everything in between. As first time home buyers we really appreciated Jim's direction in gathering everything we would need. In addition to Jim's wonderful guidance, Julie was exceptional to work with too. She was always willing to listen to our concerns and was very encouraging on our journey hunting down our first home. She is so dedicated that she found us "our" home during the holidays and we were under contract by New Year's, which was a great way to start off the new year. She found us our dream home, in a great location and we couldn't be happier. I always recommend Jim, Julie and Ion whenever someone I know says they are looking to buy or sell their home. Go with Ion, they make dreams come true.
Ana & Marc G