1. Notification of intent to foreclose. Many states require that a lender notify the borrower in advance (30 days, for example) before obtaining a court judgment to foreclose.
2. Nonjudicial foreclosure. Many states permit lenders to add a clause to a mortgage document that permits the lender to foreclose and sell the property without obtaining court approval.
3. Deficiency judgment. Some states permit a lender that forecloses on a mortgage to file a judgment against the borrower entitling the lender to collect from the defaulted borrower any amount of the outstanding mortgage not covered by the sale price.
4. Right of redemption. Some states (New Jersey, for example) permit a defaulting borrower to satisfy the loan default and recover the property if done within a specified amount of time after the property is sold.
5. Military service. If the borrower or the borrower’s spouse is on active military duty, the Civil Relief Act of 2003 prohibits a lender from foreclosing on the mortgage. In addition, the borrower may qualify for an interest rate reduction or even a temporary suspension of mortgage payments.
Don’t forget the HOPE Now Alliance. This new private-sector program negotiated by the federal government should help borrowers with subprime adjustable rate loans that will reset in 2008 or 2009 avoid foreclosure.
The voluntary plan encourages lenders to help qualified subprime borrowers refinance their loans into an FHA-insured or other more affordable mortgage without prepayment penalties. Lenders may also freeze the interest on ARM products at the introductory rate for five years to assist borrowers who are unable to qualify for refinancing. For more information, go towww.hopenow.com.
Ion Real Estate is a hand-picked team of highly respectable experienced Realtors coming together to work with you. Please contact us anytime with any questions. We look forward to serving your Colorado real estate needs. Our experience and dedicated professionalism ensures our clients have exceptional representation every step of the way. At a time where bigger isn't always better, Ion Real Estate has chosen to remain a smaller, highly focused team in order to provide a level of personal service, attention and consideration to our clients that you simply won't find elsewhere. Our decades of experience in the unique world of Denver real estate positions us advantageously to handle all of your real estate needs
Check this outhttps://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2018/09/04/indus
"We cannot thank Jim & Julie and the team at Ion Real Estate enough!!! We were very impressed with Jim's knowledge of the business and his drive to find us our perfect home; from the lender-side and how to get the best deal to the realtor-side and everything in between. As first time home buyers we really appreciated Jim's direction in gathering everything we would need. In addition to Jim's wonderful guidance, Julie was exceptional to work with too. She was always willing to listen to our concerns and was very encouraging on our journey hunting down our first home. She is so dedicated that she found us "our" home during the holidays and we were under contract by New Year's, which was a great way to start off the new year. She found us our dream home, in a great location and we couldn't be happier. I always recommend Jim, Julie and Ion whenever someone I know says they are looking to buy or sell their home. Go with Ion, they make dreams come true.
Ana & Marc G